During its last General Assembly meeting, the KNCV appointed Dr. Andries Bruins as Member of Merit. Andries has played a critical role in the development of modern mass spectrometry, particularly with regard to the development of new ionization techniques that revolutionized MS research and modern analytical chemistry. It was during a visit to Cornell University in 1985 that he developed the “ion spray” technique, together with Jack Henion and Tom Covey. Read more on the appointment on the KNCV website. The NVMS warmly congratulates Andries on this honorable appointment.
Join the NVMS!
- Using LC-MS to Identify Clipping in Self-Assembled Nanoparticles During Vaccine Development
- 1,4-Benzoquinone as a Highly Efficient Dopant for Enhanced Ionization and Detection of Nitramine Explosives on a Single-Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer Fitted with a Helium-Plasma Ionization (HePI) Source
- Comparison of Clusters Produced from Sb 2 Se 3 Homemade Polycrystalline Material, Thin Films, and Commercial Polycrystalline Bulk Using Laser Desorption Ionization with Time of Flight Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry
- Top-down Mass Spectrometry of Sarcomeric Protein Post-translational Modifications from Non-human Primate Skeletal Muscle
- Lipid Alterations during Zebrafish Embryogenesis Revealed by Dynamic Mass Spectrometry Profiling with C=C Specificity
- Chemical Profiling and Separation of Bioactive Secondary Metabolites in Maca (L. peruvianum) by Normal and Reverse Phase TLC Coupled to DESI‐MS
- Intramolecular Benzyl Cation Transfer in the Gas‐phase Fragmentation of Protonated Benzyl Phenyl Sulfones
- Differential proteome analysis of the leaves of lead hyperaccumulator, Rhoeo discolor (L. Her.) Hance
- Applicability of purge and trap gas chromatography‐ mass spectrometry method for sensitive analytical detection of naphthalene and its derivatives in waters
- Multiple reaction monitoring profiling as an analytical strategy to investigate lipids in extracellular vesicles
- Proteomics analysis of serum small extracellular vesicles for the longitudinal study of a glioblastoma multiforme mouse model
- Cross-sectional analysis of plasma and CSF metabolomic markers in Huntington’s disease for participants of varying functional disability: a pilot study
- A primary human T-cell spectral library to facilitate large scale quantitative T-cell proteomics
- LILBID laser dissociation curves: a mass spectrometry-based method for the quantitative assessment of dsDNA binding affinities
- Otolith chemoscape analysis in whiting links fishing grounds to nursery areas
- Autosomal dominant VCP hypomorph mutation impairs disaggregation of PHF-tau
- Fire and biodiversity in the Anthropocene
- Response to Comment on "Ancient origins of allosteric activation in a Ser-Thr kinase"
- Comment on "Ancient origins of allosteric activation in a Ser-Thr kinase"
- Gene regulatory networks controlling vertebrate retinal regeneration