On the 12th of April 2018 the NVMS organized its spring meeting at KWR in Nieuwegein. Over 90 participants were present during the day. The subject of the day was Small Molecules and Structure Elucidation. For KWR a very relevant subject, because they use mass spectrometry to elucidate identities of unknown compounds present in water. Pyrazole is an example of a compound of which KWR unravelled the identity using mass spectrometry. It was interesting to see that the participants and speakers had a diverse background. They came among others from universities, (pharmaceutical) industry, medical university centres, mass spectrometry vendors, and research institutes (e.g. RIKILT and NFI). The speakers all apply the analytical technique mass spectrometry, but to answer different questions, like impurity profiling of active pharmaceutical ingredients, analysing bioactive compounds in household dust, analysing drug metabolites, and elucidation of pathways in biomedical research and diagnostics. Next to the interesting talks, ample opportunity for networking was programmed. Also a tour in the interesting KWR building was given with a special focus on the chemical laboratories and all their mass spec apparatus. The NVMS want to thank KWR for their hospitality and we hope to see you at our fall meeting.
Join the NVMS!
- Thermo Fisher opens Customer Solution Center in China
- Thermo Fisher enters into breath biomarker collaboration
- Aston University installs world’s first cyclic IMS mass spectrometer
- Thermo Fisher introduces new pesticide analysis workflow
- Agilent named industry leader in sustainability
- SCIEX enters partnership for protein characterization software
- SCIEX LC-MS/MS systems approved as medical devices in Brazil
- PPD expands bioanalytical laboratory capabilities
- Waters appoints new general counsel
- MOBILion and Agilent partner over ion mobility technology
- High-Throughput Quantitative Top-Down Proteomics: Histone H4
- Compositional Analysis of Heavy Petroleum Distillates by Comprehensive Two-dimensional Gas Chromatography, Field Ionization and High-resolution Mass Spectrometry
- A Decoupled Automation Platform for Hydrogen/Deuterium Exchange Mass Spectrometry Experiments
- Enhanced Multiplexing in Fourier Transform Charge Detection Mass Spectrometry by Decoupling Ion Frequency from Mass to Charge Ratio
- Hydrogen-Deuterium Exchange and Hydroxyl Radical Footprinting for Mapping Hydrophobic Interactions of Human Bromodomain with a Small Molecule Inhibitor
- Diastereomer recognition of oxytetracycline and its 4‐epimer by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry and mechanistic investigation
- Olefinic reagents tested for peptide derivatization with switchable properties: stable upon Collision Induced Dissociation and cleavable by In‐Source Paternò‐Büchi Reactions
- MALDI Imaging Directed Laser Ablation Tissue Microsampling for Data Independent Acquisition Proteomics
- Visualizing the agreement of peptide assignments between different search engines.
- MALDI imaging mass spectrometry of β‐ and ү‐crystallins in the ocular lens